MENTAL HEALTH OUTREACH COUNSELOR
Northampton-Hampshire Team 1
Are you ready to help people and make a difference? Then consider what career opportunities ServiceNet has to offer!ServiceNet is seeking a full-time outreach counselor to work with our Mental Health clients in the Greenfield, MA area.
This position works with a variety of individuals with many different abilities who may also struggle with mental health challenges. You will be out in the community with a participant helping them to live more independent lives. Areas of support could include health and hygiene maintenance, money management, domestic skills, as well as meal planning and preparation. During the summer your days may consist of day trips to places like the beach, picnics even baseball games!
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
We provide the same level of care in our homes that we'd want for anyone we love. We pay for your orientation and training to obtain certification in First Aid, CPR, the Medication Administration Program (MAP), and Applied Non-Violence. Other requirements of the job include:
· A passion for working with people who are living with a disability. Direct experience is great, though we can help you learn what you need to know so long as you have commitment to the work.
· Basic computer skills.
· Physical ability to perform the requirements of this position.
· A valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
· High School Diploma or GED is required.
· A hobby or special interest you would enjoy sharing with residents and colleagues, and a sense of humor!
We'd also conduct a routine background check.
Total =40 hours
WHAT WE OFFER
We believe in a healthy balance between work and the rest of your life. So in addition to our starting wage of $12.50/hour a $.50 wage differential will be paid for MAP certification, we offer:
· a generous time-off package;
· comprehensive health and dental insurance plans;
· a 403(B) retirement plan, with employer matching;
· Long-term disability benefits; paid life insurance; tuition assistance; and several more benefit options.
ServiceNet is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be a tobacco-free employer.